Best way to store power stations in a greenhouse?

Options

I have a Yeti 3000x power station for use at a plant nursery. I have no interior workspace to store the power station, except for a greenhouse. I am hoping to store the power bank in the greenhouse but have a few concerns.

My first concern is temperature. The greenhouse is not insulated so at night can get to temperatures well below freezing, but during the day can reach 100+ degrees Fahrenheit. Will these temperatures be too extreme and damage the power station? Will the swings in temperature cause any damage?

My second concern is moisture. Moisture in the greenhouse is variable and occasionally condensation drips from the roof. Would storing the power station in a plastic bin provide adequate moisture protection?

Given these concerns, is storing in the greenhouse possible? If so what would be the best way to store the power station in that environment? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @MauraWSP,

Due to the temperature change and due to the temperature getting below freezing and above 100+ degrees, we do not suggest storing the unit there. Temperatures below freezing can damage the internal cells of the battery as well as potentially make the battery lose its charge. This could lead to a shorten life span of the battery.

We also do not suggest storing it in an area with high moisture. A well ventilated dry temperature controlled location would be better suited for the Yeti 3000X.