Goal Zero Yeti 1000 Lithium

Options
Oilworker
Oilworker Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

For a year I have had issues charging my Yeti 1000, but beacuae I didn’t use it that much I didn’t really look into it.

Now it’s at 0% and won’t charge at all when connected to 110V outlet.

I tried charging it with my Boulder 100 panel today, but even though it was a sunny day, the blue light at the port being on, it wouldn’t charge the unit!

Also, the display cuts out ever so often.

I’ve tried resetting the unit but no success or changes sofar.

What can I do to get this unit running again?

Answers

• CAS
    CAS Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

The same happened to my 3 1/2 year old Yeti 3000X. I've used it for emergency power when we've had power outages. When I checked it this week, the power was at zero. I've tried multiple ways of charging. I'll get the light to show up for a few seconds, but nothing is being sent to the battery. I have been able to have enough power to make a very short lived (up to a few seconds0 connection with the phone app.

Does someone from GoalZero respond to these questions, or are we left to ourselves to figure these things out?

• CAS
    CAS Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I should have called technical support! After trying so many things, it's hard to decide to talk with someone -- but that's wrong! Technical support readily helped -- and this is what they emailed. (I haven't tried it yet, but since this appears to work, I wanted to get this out.) I felt better knowing that the battery can be resurrected!

Rebooting instructions:

1. Get a USBC charger.
    2. Plug that into the 60PD port on the unit, other end into the wall.
    3. Add the power supply it came with
    4. Try to turn on the USB button.
    5. If it doesn’t allow that leave it plugged in for a couple hours and try turning it on again.
    6. Leave it plugged in for 24 hours.