3000x from alternator

Options
Ron_W
Ron_W Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Have the VIK in my 16 Sprinter with smart alternator. Just replaced VIK as old one was would not charge yeti. New one worked great for two days and now one flashing red light (old one had no lights at all). Connections are all good. Confirmed power from cable into VIK. All is well with solar and when plugged in. It is in car mode.

Comments

• Ron_W
    Ron_W Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

On another thought, I just started looking into the Orion XS 12 12 50 that is just coming out. Thinking I could use the existing wire that is currently feeding the 3000x into the VIK and eliminate the VIK. Obviously I would have to remove the current plug and modify the wiring. I do have a switch for that wire installed by my drivers seat..thoughts or comments? I am just getting into doing my own van work so my knowledge of electrical specifics in rudimentary at best..

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Ron_W,

Is the vehicle running when you get the blinking red light or is it off? If the car is on, turn the car off and check the connection from the battery to the Yeti to ensure there are no lose wires.