Sherpa 100 AC: solar charge and USB C

Options
Superrafi
Superrafi Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 14 in ASK ANYTHING

When pluggin in my Nomad 50 into my new Sherpa 100 AC (8mm plug) then the upper USB-C port turns blue and doesn't load - even if I switch it to «output». As soon as I un-plug the 8mm cable, the USB-C port charges again. Can I reset the ports or is this an error?

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Superrafi

I would try doing a reset on the Sherpa. If you hold the USB button for about 15 seconds it should reset. Make sure the Nomad 50 is in direct sunlight. If solar conditions are good you should see input wattage from the panel. Hope this works!

• Bastien28
    Bastien28 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I'm using the 100 W USB C port and it works.

I did reset the Sherpa but problem persist.

• Superrafi
    Superrafi Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I‘m still having this issue - I did the reset also, but the problem persists. Is this a software problem and does it apply for warranty? @GOAL ZERO ADMIN ?

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    edited April 10
    Options

Hi @Superrafi,

If you are inputting through the 8mm port, the USB-C port that turn blue will not work or output or input. The 8mm port and that USB-C port use the same connection on the circuit board. This means you can't use that USB-C port while charging through the 8mm. The unit is working as intended and there is no error or issue.

The 100W USB-C port will still work as it is on its own connection on the circuit board.