Yeti 700 not holding a full charge

Options
JCorona
JCorona Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have a new Yeti 700 is not holding a full charge after unplugging from the wall. After 48hrs it drops down to 71% with no devices plugged into the unit. I have a 3000X and 1500X as well and it’s been holding a full charge after two weeks with no devices connected. Do I have a defect 700 power station?

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@JCorona

That seems super off! Is the AC port on after you unplug? If all ports are off and it is discharging that much you might need to swap. After a month unplugged with no ports on I would expect the Yeti to be around 94%. That is in room temp.

• JCorona
    Options

Hello again, I have returned the 700 and did an exchange for another 700. The 700 power station was doing the same not holding a 100% full charge after 72 hrs it was 74%. I think Goal Zero needs to re-evaluate this unit. For now I will need to wait until after all the issues are fixed.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @JCorona,

I suggest cycling the battery 5-7 times. This could be a calibration issue between the display and the battery. This will ensure the display and battery are calibrated.

• JCorona
    Options

I already returned the power station 700. I will wait until all the issue's are fixed by Goal Zero. Thanks!