No power from 230v AC yeti 1500x

Options
Cr1664
Cr1664 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi

My yeti 1500x has suddenly stopped working on 230v AC power. When plug something in and turn it on, I hear the fan fire up for about half a second then it goes off. The LED stays lit and here are no warning messages, just no power. I've tried the reset but still no luck. Its only juat over a year old and ive only really started to use it over the last 2 weeks. Any advice?

Answers

• Cr1664
    Options

Hi

Tried that but no luck. What I've now noticed is that it will power low wattage items through the AC socket such as my string lights that draw about 6 watts, but nothing much higher.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Cr1664,

What firmware version is the Yeti at? Does the output work on any other ports?

• Cr1664
    Options

Hi

The firmware is 1.8.8 and the USB works. Also now noticed it doesn't charge. I seem to be able to get power for low wattage items like LED lights and USB charger, just nothing bigger.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Cr1664,

It sounds like there may be an issue with the inverter of the Yeti. If you are outside of the main land US, we suggest returning to the retailer you purchased it from as they will help you check warranty on the unit. If you are in mainland US, please contact our solution center linked below.

https://goalzero.com/pages/contact

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Cr1664

Try the resets below. If that does not work you might need to look into warranty options.

Yeti 1500X, 3000X and 6000X Reset:

1.     Press and hold the reset button below the lid (that is the button in the green circle) for 5 seconds

2.     The screen will go blank and come back.

3.     Once the screen has returned, reset has been completed.

Factory Reset:

1.     Press and hold the units and info button until it starts to beep.

2.     Once beeping, release the button and allow to beep until it stops. (Typically 1 minute)

3.     Once beeping has stopped, that means the unit is reset.

If on Firmware 1.7.6 or higher:

1.      Press and hold the info button and reset button under the lid (the one in the green circle) for 5 seconds.

2.      The unit will shut down and be unresponsive for 30 seconds to a minute.

3.      Once unit comes back, try charging it.

• Cr1664
    Options

Hi

Thanks for the info. I've managed to sort a replacement under warranty.

Thanks