Where can I find instructions for the Flying Leads to Power+ Cable?

Options
Michael_Fryd
Michael_Fryd Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

Where can I find instructions and a wiring diagram for the "Flying Leads to Power+ Cable"?

I presume that this cable is for charging the Yeti Pro 4000. Is this correct? Does the cable expect 120VAC, or 240VAC? Is the charging speed for this input fixed, or can it be adjusted from the App?

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 291 admin
    Options

@Michael_Fryd

From the specs on the Yeti Pro 4000 page:
    Power+ (Input): 3000 W, 90-254 V AC, 60 Hz, 30 A
    Reunion Auto-Lock (Output): 3600 W, 120 V AC, 60 Hz, 30 A

Power+ and Reunion Auto-Lock are different names for the same port. Input is the default. Output will be a new feature later on.

How to use output from the Power+ port will be announced at a later date.

The AC and Power+ input Amp limit can be adjusted in the App for Yeti 4000 Pro.

From the Yeti dashboard click the Gear icon at the top right

Click AC input Limits

Then click Power+ Input Limit

Here is the page you can adjust the limit on.

• Michael_Fryd
    edited April 19
    Options

Thank you, but that's how to use the App to control the Yeti Pro. I am looking for the wiring diagram for the "Flying Leads to Power+ Cable"?

According to the Yeti Pro manual, the Yeti Pro 4000 can be charged at a rate of 3000W max, when charging from 240VAC via the Power+ Port.

Unlike the photo in the web store, the US version of the "Flying Leads to Power+ Cable" has the three wires colored Green, Black and White. I presume the Green is ground, and the Black is hot. If I am powering the Yeti Pro from a 120VAC source, I assume the White is neutral. The manual for the Yeti Pro says that the Power+ Port will accept 120VAC or 240VAC. Can the "Flying Leads to Power+ Cable" be used to provide 240VAC to the Yeti Pro? If so, should the white cable be used for the second hot? (In the USA, household 240VAC is generally provided as two 120VAC hots, that are 180° out of phase. Each is 120VAC to ground, but they are 240VAC to each other).

The "Flying Leads to Power+ Cable" did not come with wiring (or any) instructions. I want to make sure that everything is wired 100% to Goal Zero's specifications so as not to damage the unit or void my warranty.

• jg164
    Options

@Michael_Fryd,

Good catch on the product page wiring color issue! Looks as of right now we have the images of the EU wire colors on the product page right now. I will have our marketing department correct the images to match the US wire colors.

Because the Power+ cable was made as a part in the Escape Wiring Kit along with other cables, the Escape Wiring Kit User Guide is where to find this content (see page 5).

To answer your question about if you can connect 120V or 240V to charge the Yeti Pro 4000? Yes, you can use it for 120V or 240V input.

120V color wiring: Black to Line/Hot, White to Neutral and Green to Ground.

240V split-phase color wiring: Black to L1, White to L2, Green to Ground.

International colours: Brown to Line, Blue to Neutral and Yellow/Green to Ground

If you connect 240V split phase, the Yeti Pro 4000 will accept that charge power and is the only way to get the fastest 3000W AC charging.

CAUTION:

Disconnect all 120V appliances and plugs from the Yeti AC output ports (TT-30/RV-30 or NEMA 5-15) if you are going to connect 240V split-phase AC input power to the Power+ flying leads. Its best to unplug and not reconnect any AC appliances to the Yeti's AC output ports when using 240V Power+ input or they will have their Neutral wire exposed to L2 which may damage your appliances cause other problems.

The Yeti Pro 4000 will automatically open a relay that prevent L1 from touching Line AC output to the AC ports when it detects a 240V power source, but the Neutral path does not have a relay and will not stop L2 voltage from reaching Neutral on these AC output ports.

• srobison
    srobison Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Great information @jg164 !
    One other point to note here when using a 240V source on the US model Yeti Pro 4000 (120V): Due to the inverter pass-through feature, it is not possible to pass the AC line voltage to the AC outlets on the product with a 240V supply connected. The 3000W/240V charging feature should only be used when maximum recharge speed is needed. Otherwise, it is preferred to use the Power+ at 120V to retain 30A 120V pass-through/UPS functionality and improved battery longevity.

• Michael_Fryd
    edited April 20
    Options

Yes, I understand that when charging with 240VAC input, that there would be issues with the pass through.

What happens if I turn on the AC output while the Yeti Pro is charging via 240VAC from the Power+ input?

• Will it pass through 240VAC?
    • WIll it not turn on?
    • WIll it use the inverter to produce 120VAC?

When passing 240VAC into the Power+ input, does the Neutral in the 120VAC output ports connected to hot?

I do understand that the faster charging rate available with 240VAC should only be used when needed, as it is better for the batteries to use a slower charge. However, sometimes a fast charge is needed.

• Michael_Fryd
    Options

Thank you. Although the Escape Wiring Kit User Guide doesn't mention input voltage. I believe it only covers powering the Yeti from 120VAC.

• jg164
    Options

@Michael_Fryd,

I have shared this thread with Marketing so they can update the user guide, and info on the product pages. Thanks for the feedback!