Is my Yeti 1400 Tank fried?

Options
TheCharb
TheCharb Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use my Yeti a lot. It sits in the back of my truck where I keep a fridge/freezer for camping, but I also use it to charge/run tools. It is setup to charge off the alternator so I am almost always 100%. I love it and have had no problem with it for the most part. However, I needed to paint a shed with an HVLP sprayer where there is no power. I plugged the sprayer into the Yeti and went to work. I got about 1/2 way through and the sprayer shut off. I wasn't paying attention and I had drained it to 0%.

So, I started the truck and let it charge up to 25% and then went back to work while leaving the truck running. The Yeti was running hot, so I paused every so often. When I was done, I wanted to charge the Yeti overnight in the house, but I could not remove the connection from the alternator to the tank. It wouldn't even wiggle, so I disconnected the tank and removed it so I wasn't tethered to the truck. My question is, could I have fried the connection and fused the charging chord to the connection? Also, it look as if it is still functional, do you think it is ok to continue to use? TIA

Answers