Yeti 1500X: What is the max combined output current of the regulated 12VDC ports?

jesseahouser
jesseahouser Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have some questions related to Goal Zero Yeti 1500X's output current from the five regulated 12VDC output ports. If anyone can answer these accurately, I'll be grateful!

Questions

1. What is the max combined output current available from the regulated 12VDC ports listed below?
  2. Do all of the 12VDC output ports share a common circuit?
  3. If not, which output ports share a common circuit? (From other discussions, I know that #4 and #5 below share a common circuit.)

Goal Zero Yeti 1500X 12VDC regulated output ports

1. 6mm round port #1 (faceplate): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
  2. 6mm round port #2 (faceplate): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
  3. Car port (faceplate): 12V, up to 13A (160W max)
  4. Anderson Powerpole port (faceplate): shared output with APP#2; 12V, up to 30A (360W max) combined
  5. Anderson Powerpole port (faceplate): shared output with APP#1; 12V, up to 30A (360W max) combined

Recommendations

These questions expose a deficiency in Goal Zero's documentation for all of their portable power stations - on the website and in product manuals. This specific information is relevant and useful for folks who are using a portable power station primarily as a 12VDC source. It'd be great to see the documentation updated to include this info.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 337 admin
    Answer ✓

@jesseahouser,

The combined current limit for all 12V ports is 30A. You can pull all 30A from a single HPP output port or divide it amongst both 6mm ports, the Cig and both HPP ports.

Each port can trip over current protection and disable all the 12V output (resettable) if it is loaded with more than its connector rating, i.e. 6mm can't run more than 10A, Cig max is 13A and the HPP ports can do 30A.

Some appliances will surge higher than their continuous current rating and trip the port on power up or when really drawing power like an air pump when its got a paddle board very full of air. I have seen surges go as high as 100A for some of these pumps!

Answers

• jesseahouser

Correction: Output #5 should indicate that it is located under the lid - not on the faceplate.

• jesseahouser

@jg164 Thank you for answering my question. That makes sense.

I think one of the competitive advantages of GZ power stations (like Yeti 1500X) is the 30A Anderson Powerpole output. It is currently matched by Bluetti AC200MAX (uses RV/Aviation type connector). If GZ bumped the output up to 45A, they'd have the entire in-vehicle portable power station market (at least the well-known brands) beat. Folks could run a diesel heater, Starlink, interior lights, fridge, vent fan, etc. concurrently — all on 12VDC — with enough headroom not to worry about overcurrent.