Alert Comm 01 Error

robi
robi Member Posts: 1

I am getting this Alert Comm 01 Error and with it a 12v error. Whats going on and how do I fix it?

Answers

• GSR
    GSR Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

I’m getting the same error. 12V output is in error. Can’t use any of the 12V electronics in my new van. Major problem for me. None of the resolutions offered by Support fixed the problem. A firmware fix is supposedly being developed for “June” release. Let’s hope that’s early June.

• Palabra_33
    Palabra_33 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Just got my Pro 4000 on Friday and got the same error while charging it today.

• pierre_mtb
    pierre_mtb Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 18

I've seen the same issue on 2 units, one of them a replacement after my HPP port melted from charging. Unfortunately i've been told resolution has been pushed to August, due to shifting engineering priorities (they are shifting priorities to firmware for the 300/500/700 series).

What's deeply concerning is that:

• we can't revert to a known good firmware
    • a factory reset won't fix what is supposedly a software issue
    • business decides to prioritize new product sales over existing product service.

I for one am considering how to move away from Goal Zero, but i'm blown away by how bad this is and how lightly it's treated internally.

[edit] I'm scrolling linkedin and finding they seem to be laying off embedded systems engineers in Utah working on firmware. managers and engineers. That is a such a bad sign…

• Steeloverland
    Steeloverland Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

i’ve got yeti pro 4000 unit with one tank underneath it in my van and everything was working perfectly for the first two months. I had an issue where I could not charge the unit or turn the unit on they said that a firmware update would help. I did the firmware update after lots of challenges and nothing changed so they sent me a whole new unit and a tank. I now have the new unit and tank and I’m having trouble with both of Them I did the update and then two days later I had issues and it said I need to do another update of the same number 1.5.8 I was able to finally get it connected after lots of challenges for whatever reason and then when I press the AC button to turn on the outlets I get a beeping sound and it gives me an error message. “Alert inverter under volt” and warning battery CHGMOSERR. So now I have two of the head units and two of the batteries sitting at my house. They said they were going to send the box to pick up the two so-called faulty ones but now the new one that was sent is apparently doing the same same thing not not sure what these error messages mean. good news is I’ve got almost $5000 in the unit along with another 500 in wires and connections that they sell and all it does is sit on the floor and look pretty 😳. I did use the unit for two weeks in my van on vacation and it worked absolutely flawless running everything I needed along with the air conditioner in summer Florida.

• JasonKnows
    JasonKnows Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

So I’ve owned a few GoalZero solutions and I too am seeing the 12v error trip. More than likely this is a known bug on GoalZero and they have just not communicated the issue until it is fixed. I know it’s backwards. For myself I am not too dependent on the 12v but I’ll chime in and say the constant tripping is annoying. Pretty sure it has something to do with the low voltage charge. So get with Goal Zero, acknowledge the problem, let us know you are working on it and we’ll wait for the update. Well some of us will.

• junior
    junior Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited August 6

I have a 2week old Yeti Pro 4000 and I am getting the same error inconsistently in my camper.

One night it worked totally fine and was on running my 12v roof fan all night from the high power 12v port on the back, but other times it will show the comm error after 20-30mins at a time. It's super frustrating because it shuts down everything and the whole unit needs to be reset afterwards. I upgraded to the latest firmware but it didn't seem to do anything.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

• Palabra_33
    Palabra_33 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Goal Zero sent me another Pro 4000 after having issues with my first one. The second one stopped working properly the day I lost power from hurricane Beryl. It wouldn’t hold a charge and when I tried to charge it with the solar panels it kept turning off. I just returned the unit and all accessories for a refund.

• junior

I got word from support that this was a known issue and that the firmware fix will be coming out sometime this month. Let's hope! Its strange that it's so inconsistent for me, sometimes I have no issues, other times like this evening I get the Comm 01 error after 10mins

• M2G
    M2G Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Any update on this? I have the same 12V issue, which seems to only pop up when the unit is connected to a power source via HPP, in my case a Nomad 400 folding panel.

FW 1.5.8

• Sbartzen
    Sbartzen Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

My pro 4000 updated to Firmware 1.7.6 yesterday evening. The firmware release notes page hasn't been updated yet, but I assume this release will fix that issue. Gave me a bit of a scare since I was doing some wiring modifications in my van when it started updating and I had to reset it. Hopefully they'll post the release notes today.

• junior

The 1.7.6 firmware update seems to have solved all my problems above!