Hello experts

Cowgirl
Cowgirl Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in ASK ANYTHING

Can I charge my Yeti 3000x with solar and have my tanks being charged by the Link wall power source at the same time?

And, can I have BOTH wall power chargers plugged into my Yeti and Link at the same time? I'm not sure what will exceed the the 22v input limit.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 275 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cowgirl,

The Yeti 3000X can be charged via any input including solar at the same time as a connected Yeti Link and Yeti Tanks are getting charged from its 120W wall charger.

Using a Link with a Yeti is essentially adding a second charge controller to its Lithium Ion pack. Both the internal MPPT charge controller that comes built in to the yeti and the add-on Link module with tanks can charge the pack at the same time and is the only way to get up to 1000W of input ( 600W yeti ports + 700W from Link & Tanks )

If you want to go full solar charging of your system, you can connect this 30A charge controller kit to the last tank in your tank stack and connect up to 440W of solar to it to charge the Tanks much faster than the 120W wall charger.

Answers