Network ID and password for Yeti 4000

Nomadic_Pride
Nomadic_Pride Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

How can I change the SSID and/or default password for the Yeti 4000? It seems that anyone who is in range of my unit could access it with the app installed on their own device. Then, without even logging into an account, they could change my charge profile, enable/disable AC/DC/USB, and reset the cycle and statistical data. The default password is well-known and insecure. I want to change the SSID and the password, but just the password would be fine, if that's all I could do. Please advise.

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 337 admin
    edited July 8

@Nomadic_Pride,

Thanks for the feedback! I have passed your concerns on to the App & Firmware teams. They are looking into options for improving the security of the Yetis.

• Nomadic_Pride
    Nomadic_Pride Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

No problem. Last thing I want is for someone to be able to control my Yeti! I will reiterate that it's not necessary that I change the network ID (SSID) … just being able to change the default password would solve the problem. Thanks for having the team investigate a fix for this issue.

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 337 admin

@Nomadic_Pride,

One more thing to note is the Yeti Wifi will only allow connections when it is in "pairing mode". So if you already have the Yeti connected to the cloud or have the Wifi toggled off, people cannot connect to it. If the Wifi is on and you want it off, tap the Pair button once and watch for the icon to turn off.