Brand New Yeti 700x Not Charging off of solar

bconnell
bconnell Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Just brought a new Yeti 700x home. The unit will charge off of a 110v outlet, but will not charge off of the two chained Boulder 50s I'm hooking it up to. The input light is blinking, but it is showing 0w of input. I regularly use these panels to charge my old Yeti 200x, so I know these panels and cables are fine. I have set the charge profile to Performance and tried resetting the unit. Any other suggestions? TIA!

Comments

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 691 admin

Hello @bconnell ,

Sorry to see it is not inputting. Just to confirm, the reset you performed was which of the following?

• Hold INFO and LIGHTS at the same time for abouyt 10-15 seconds until it beeps.
    • Hold the Power button down for 10-15 seconds until it beeps.

Additionally, can you confirm what your solar conditions were? Was the sky clear blue or partly cloudy etc? Was there any partial-shade on the panels? Was the 200x working on the same day you tried the 700 or you just know they have worked in the past?

Seeing that the blue light is on means it either is having an issue or solar conditions were suboptimal and it was getting enough to register a voltage but not enough to reach the minimum charge voltage. Try the resets above that you didn't perform and double check the unit is up to date on the Goal Zero App as well as your solar conditions. If that still doesn't work, please reach out to our customer support team with your proof of purchase, shipping address, and what troubleshooting you have already done. They will help you with the warranty verification process.