Poor input cable connection

JBerger
JBerger Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Has anyone had issues with the input connection cable being loose and not charging? My cable has always had some wiggle room but now it seems to not properly connect or stay connected. I have the 3000. The cable came loose, the battery fully drained and then it didn’t fully charge even overnight even though it was plugged in (van 110 plug). Wondering if I just need a new connection cable.

Answers

• YetiMaster69
    YetiMaster69 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

@JBerger the first thing you should do is turn off the power station completely and disconnect all wires connected to it.

Then hold the main power button for like 10-20 seconds unless your model has a reset button on it then click that. After the reset plug back the main 110v ac adapter cable and then turn it back on and see if it starts to charge completely.

If still nothing try a different method of charging it like using solar or a 12v car charger 🔌 if that fixes your problem then you know it was the cable and just buy a new one if not then I might have some bad news for you Jbird 🥲

The yeti battery pack bms might have a low-voltage protection circuit that was triggered to prevent the cells from being damaged when they got to low.
    Again try using a different method to charge it and see if the other inputs work the bms might have only blocked the 110v ac input but the other inputs should still work but either way you will most likely have to contact GoalZero support and have them fix it, the cells might be damaged so a professional needs to take a look at it.

Well Jbird I hope this helps you out let us know