How many Nomad panels maximum (100W and/or 200 W) can be connected to a yeti 3000x?

Options

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 286 admin
    Options

Hi @Mariearchie0,

Typically you want to have a little more solar than the max input to help buffer the power input and keep charging even when the sunlight is not ideal.

On the front panel of the Yeti 3000X the HPP input port will take no more that 600W in. If you connect power to the 8mm input ports also only the HPP port the controller will only use the power from the HPP port. If this is enough for you then 4x Nomad 200s and an HPP combiner will be ideal. Keep in mind you will need space to lay all the panels out and point them at the sun. Adding some 15' HPP extension cables will help.

Adding expansion modules you can add even more.

• You can get up to another 440W of solar input to the 3000X by adding a Link Module with at least one tank and connecting our 30Amp External MPPT Kit to the last Tank then 3-4x Nomad 200s and an HPP combiner + a few 15' HPP extension cables. When the Tanks are charging the Yeti they will provide up to 750W. I have seen a 3000X max out its 3 digit Watts in display at 999W using this kind of setup.
    • The other expansion module we sell is the Yeti MPPT add-on Module ( you can only use the Link or this, not both at the same time ). I don't have much experience with this but I hear it can add around 300W of solar with out having to use Tanks or other charge controllers. Here you could add 3-4x Nomad 200s and an HPP combiner + a few 15' HPP extension cables

Does that help?