Yeti 400 AGM charging Mac book

Options
vstlawrence
vstlawrence Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in ASK ANYTHING

Trying to get my Yeti to charge my Mac book - my Goal Zero doesn't recognize my Mac - My Mac book pro comes w/ a 61 watt power adapter . Any suggestions ?

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 301 admin
    Options

Hi @vstlawrence,

If the Mac is not communicating well with the USB C port, try plugging the provided 61W AC power adapter into the Yeti's AC port then connect that to the Mac.

Does that help?

• vstlawrence
    vstlawrence Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

My charger doesn't have a USB_C - I only tried using the AC power adapter and the goal zero doesn't recognize it

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 637 admin
    Options

Hi @vstlawrence

Have you tried powering any other devices off the AC port on the Yeti? Please try a handful of devices and see if the Yeti is able to power them. The Yeti 400 can output 300 watts continuously so that power supply for your mac should work. The reset for the 400 Lead Acid is unscrewing the lid and disconnecting the negative and positive terminals from the battery. Let it sit for about 10 mins and then reconnect it. If that still does not do the trick please send us an email with your proof of purchase. We will see if there are any warranty options.

support@goalzero.com

• Kat
    Kat Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi, I have a 6000x and at 3:40 am my cell phone which auto hooks into my Wi-Fi when home, woke me up notifying of suspicious activity on my cell. When I got up at 5:00 am. The 6000x had turned itself on and was showing Wi-Fi lit up. I had never seen that icon lit up before, nor yet even signed up with the app to set up a connection. Not sure what to do or even what this means. Should I do a units + other button press simultaneously for three seconds to do a simple reset or not? I should mention yesterday local phone and internet company were all over the property preparing wiring my home for fiber optics. Can that have something to do with it?

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 301 admin
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @Kat,

What you are describing sounds like the 24 update check triggering. It is on by default but can be turned off. Read more about it on the Wiki