YetiLink Current Draw

Options
MrAce
MrAce Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have a 1500x that I am planning on adding a YetiLink Vehicle Integration Kit. The 12ft EC8 male-female cable that it comes with is too short to extend directly to my car's battery. What size wire gauge do I need? I have about a 20ft run where the 1500x is located.

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 304 admin
    Options

Hi @MrAce,

All the Link related cables are 8 AWG and have been tested to be effective at that max length of 12ft.

I would look at ways you move the yeti closer so you can maximize the power transfer from the vehicle alternator to the Link+Yeti within that 12 foot range.

Building custom cables to connect to the Link is not something we can officially spec out for you because you would need to make all connections the same gauge, not just the extension. I would recommend you seek out the advice of a 3rd party camper van customizing company or do your research using calculators if that is the route you want to choose.

• MrAce
    MrAce Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the comment @jg164

However, do you happen to know the maximum current draw of the YetiLink? This would allow me to determine the conductor size of the cable based on a 20ft length of run. Lastly, do you know the part number of the EC8 extension cable?

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 304 admin
    edited July 2022
    Options