Hi all,

Thx for your advice,

H

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Shadowmann73

So strange that the other Yeti charges without any issues. Are you referring to the 12v car charging cable or do you have the Yeti Link VIK? Are you powering anything while you are driving? Weird that the Yeti would discharge like that if nothing is being powered.

• ShadySchade
    ShadySchade Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Yeah, a bit strange that the smaller Yeti charges. Then again, it might have a lower charge current requirement, with the lower capacity.

Yes, I'm referring to the 12V car charging cable that came with the Colorado Teardrop trailer. I'm not sure what kind of electronics are in the trailer, possibly just wiring, routing 12V from the 4Runner 7pin through to the socket within the trailer.

I'm not powering anything else while driving. I think the Yeti repeatedly and indefinitely going through the charge-ramp-up cycle is causing it to discharge.

To be honest, I can't 100% confirm that the charging ever worked, but I think it did - I just never really paid attention to it because I usually charge the Yeti via the solar panel port. Colorado Teardrop are currently having a look at the trailer electronics, too.

I was just wondering whether anyone had seen that kind of behavior before and might have an idea what's going on.

/H

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@ShadySchade

Thanks for the clarification on the charger. Do you have the 12v car charging cable set to the 10 amp or 5 amp setting? Do you unplug the panels when you try to use the 12v car charger? I am pretty sure only one 8mm port can be used at time on the X series. Maybe make sure the solar is unplug when trying the 12v car charging cable?

• ShadySchade
    ShadySchade Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I'll have to play with the 10A/5A setting to see if that makes a difference. Worth a try.

The Yeti is only hooked up to one input at the time, either solar or car, never both.

Diving into the 4Runner forums, there are messages claiming the 4Runner can't charge a battery from the 7pin because the voltage is not high enough. I don't believe this is true. I'm pretty sure the GoalZero charger boosts the 4Runner output in order to charge the Yeti.