Why is it that my Yetti 3000X, sounds like when you pass by a power station?

Options
monn3t
monn3t Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in ASK ANYTHING

I've noticed that when everything around is quiet, no TV, radio, when is calm and quiet, my Yetti 3000X is like humming, continuously.

The only other place I've heard a similar sound is like when you pass by a power line substation.

Should I ve worried?

Should I take it to be serviced?

Thanks for any advise on this regard.

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 639 admin
    Options

Hi @monn3t

The Yeti should be silent and not making a humming sound. The only sound you might hear are the internal fans. Are any of the ports turned on when you hear this humming? Are you power any appliances that have a high watt load? Are you able to attach a video so we can hear what it sounds like? Please try the resets below and let us know if that changes anything. It is also a good idea to connect to the Goal Zero Yeti App and make sure the Yeti's firmware is up to date.

Resets:

Hold down "units" and "info" at the same time for about 7-10 seconds. Once you hear the Yeti beep you can let go. Let the Yeti sit for about 2 minutes after performing that reset. The next reset is holding the button with the green circle under the lid for about 5-7 seconds. That button is located under the Wifi button. Those two resets will reset the password in the app to the default password which is "GOALZERO".

• KevinC_GZ
    KevinC_GZ Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, it sounds like you may have the AC port on, when the inverter is turned on it will softly hum as a result of the process of the power conversion. If the AC port is indeed on, try turning it off and seeing if the sound persists, if it does or if the port is off and you hear the sound, try testing the resets as recommended by Goal Zero Support.

• monn3t
    monn3t Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much.

It stopped humming.