Charging Lighthouse Core & Lighthouse 600

Options
Bob
Bob Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

I looked on the product page, and in the user manuals. I seem to be finding conflicting/omitted information though. For the Lighthouse Core & Lighthouse 600 is it recommended, or acceptable, to leave these plugged in when not in use?

The web page for the Core says to leave plugged in on the "shelf life" info, but the page for the 600 doesn't mention it. Neither mention it in the user manuals. My intention is to leave them plugged in unless it is detrimental to the battery or light.

I'd like to purchase these along with a few other products for "emergency use" when our power goes out. So I wouldn't know to pre-charge them.

Best Answer

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 626 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bob

It is fine to leave the lighthouse lanterns plugged in all of the time. There is no need to worry about overcharging. Here at the office we keep out lighthouse lanterns plugged in all the time so they are ready to go if the power were to go out. We also make sure to exercise them once every 6 months. Hope this helps!

Answers

• Wen
    Wen Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have a Lighthouse Core lantern that won't turn off Ayer I charged it. What can I do?

• Bob
    Bob Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Wen, I think you meant to ask that as a question somewhere, instead of as an answer to my question :) But that seems to be a common problem online. Try to let it drain fully and then recharge it. If that still doesn't fix your problem, contact the customer support here to replace it!

• Birdofprey_10
    Birdofprey_10 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I have two lighthouse 600's and it's only a month old. Bought from Cabela's and trying to charge it for the second time. One charges, no issues. The other still blinking on one bar. Has been on ac charge for over an hour and nothing. Please advise on next move.