Goal Zero Yeti 200x Issues

Options
Homer
Homer Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

I have a Goal Zero 200x that has started to behave strangely. I have the unit plugged into AC power in my home office as before, but it now exhibits the following behavior:

1. When charging reaches 100%, after a short time (a few hours), the red overtemp icon comes on.
  2. If I unplug the unit from AC, it drains to empty quickly (2 or 3 days).

The above happens with no loads on any of the ports. The unit is sitting in the open with nothing surrounding it and the ambient temperature is approx. 75 degrees F. I also noticed that the fan does not kick in at all.

Is my unit defective or is there a way to reset it?

Comments

• Homer
    Options

After writing the above post, I looked at the 200x again. It has been unplugged from AC for about 15 minutes. When I press any of the input section buttons (12V, USB, or AC) the red overtemp icon is on and the fan turns on in this case. The bottom of the case is warm to the touch.

• Homer
    Options

The bottom of my 200x is still warm to the touch after being disconnected from the AC charger (no loads plugged into outlets) for almost 12 hours. I have relocated the unit to an area away from my office to avoid close exposure to it. Any ideas on whats going on?

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Homer

The draining from 100% to 0% within a few days is not normal behavior. Is the AC port on when this happens? It might be worth trying to cycle the battery a few times and try powering different appliances. If that does not work and you still see that odd behavior please call or email our support team.

support@goalzero.com

888-794-6250

• Homer
    Options

Thanks for the response. No, none of the ports are on including the AC port, so the inverter is not draining the battery.

Should I be concerned that the temperature warning icon comes on and the 200x feels warm to the touch, even when off (and 3 days later)?

I can try cycling the battery, but is there any danger from the conditions I describe?

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Homer

The fact that it is still warm after three days with nothing plugged in is a bit concerning. Please email or call our support team with your proof of purchase and they will look at what warranty options are available.

• Yetiuser
    Yetiuser Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi we are gifted with new yeti 200x wrapped in a box. Used it 3 times.N

Now it is no more charging, when pluging it charger from wall socket the blue light on the charger goes off and the ports for out power put also not functioning live it on charge few hours still not functioning.

• Kenny_P
    Kenny_P Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

My Yeti 200x that I bought back in March 2021 is starting to have the same issues. I charge it to 100% and then if I turn on either the 12V port, the USB ports or the AC port, it eventually overheats while charging, the red icon comes on and the bottom is warm to the touch. Eventually it cools down.

There's a 2 year warranty on it, which I'm out of, but is there a risk of fire? I would charge things using the 200x overnight but now I'm nervous about something happening.