just hooking up my new generator-need advice

Options
Bdrabek
Bdrabek Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi,

I lived in a manufacture home in SW FL. I bought the 1500 with the integrated panel which a election is installing for me. I plan on running the extension cable under my crawl space to the outside where I can plug in the solar panel briefcase which I bought. I cannot put it on the ground because of when it rains here-it pours. I have decided to use the solar panel more full time during non hurricane months-Dec though May. I have a tarp and a good friend of mine told me he has a way to wrap the connections so they don't get wet. Even during non-hurricane season we can get some good thunderstorms. I live between FT. Myers and Naples FL. During Hurricane months I can store it in my second bedroom and use electricity to recharge the generator once a month or so. I am concerned about getting the connections wet outside when it rains or a good tropical storm which happens.. I need a request from our association to secure it outside. They do not allow anymore cement because of the 60/ 40 rule the county has. However I need put up something like a tall base or something to laid it on. It should be at least 2 feet off the ground. Any suggestions on what I can use as a base. Thanks. I thought of mounting it to my wall but then for me to take it down to bring inside is a big much. I am 70 years young as well as a brain tumor survivor. I believe the briefcase weights 43 pounds. So I have neighbors who can help me put in out in Dec and help me take it in in May. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Comments