Yeti 1000x paired with Harbor freight 100w Thunderbolt solar.

Options
Tanman
Tanman Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I was just wondering how many of these panels can I connect to my yeti 1000x. I have the MPPT module. I also have the igreedy 10 AWG Solar Connector to SAE and the hpp 4 port connector. The panel has Rated Output 18 VDC / 100 W / 5.56A.

Thank you for any help.

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @Tanman

Could you give us more information on the cables you have. We are not sure what connection you are referring to when you say "igreedy 10 AWG Solar Connector to SAE". If you could include a picture of the connection that would be helpful. The rest of the panel tech information is within specs and as long as you connect them in parallel, you should be able to connect up to 4 of them at once to the Yeti 1000X.

• Tanman
    Tanman Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Oh sorry about that. Its this one.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    Options

Hi @Tanman

This should work. The only thing we can't see is if the connections sit horizontally or vertically. If the red and black connection sit vertically, this will work directly with our unit.

• Jdub
    Jdub Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I am new to the lithium world. My 1st purchase was the yeti 1000x. I am very happy with it.

Now I've gotten some off brand solar panels, 160w.

My question is, will an extetnal mppt charge controller improve the charging time or does the integrated mppt controller all I need? I have managed 75 to 80 watts with the dokio 160w panel plugged directly into the 8mm port.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    Options

Hi @Jdub,

The internal MPPT that we use in our X line is the most recent technology available. There is no reason to use any other charge controller.

You also are not able to use an external charge controller as the charge controller in the Yeti is not removable.