Yeti 1000 drains when outputs are on but nothing connected.

Options
MoonDogg
MoonDogg Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have Yeti 1000 Lithium, and I noticed when I leave the outputs (12V, 120V, USB) turned on with nothing actually connected, the battery still drains rather quickly. I didn't record the specific rate but it's about 10% per day. Is that normal? I haven't taken the time to determine which output specifically. I generally shut down any I'm not using, but it's concerning to me that if I inadvertently leave them on I will find myself with a dead battery.

Comments

• SchoMan93
    SchoMan93 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

The DC to AC converter without anything hooked up will typically draw between 6-9W per hour just to keep the circuits active. The USB and 12V outputs turned on they can pull up to 1W an hour each just to have the circuitry active. To max the storage life it is recommended to turn off any outputs that are not actively in use to limit the loss of power stored in the battery. When I put my units in storage with all the outputs off, over a 3-month period I typically see a drop in stored power by about 17% -20%. The loss is due to the battery monitoring circuitry, and natural chemical depletion of the battery over time. Just leaving the AC ports turned on will drain the battery in about 100 hours. turn stuff off that is not in use is the best path forward.