What system?

Options
Mike
Mike Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations. Going on a two week hunt/camping trip and will need to charge, IPad, phone, dog collars and transmitters. Probably will find a motel every 4-5 days. What would you recommend?

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 639 admin
    Options

Hi @Mike

Do you know how much power the dog collars and transmitters require?

• Mike
    Options

It is the garmin 200i transmitter and mini tt15 collar. I am not sure how to determine which unit would be appropriate for the dog collars, phone, and iPad

• Mike
    Options

I am not sure how to determine the power required?

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 639 admin
    Options

Hi @Mike

The phone and iPad are very easy to figure out as they typically are around the same Watt hours regardless of what brand phone you get. The main concern here is the collar and transmitter as I do not have a estimated amount of Watt hours for the batteries of each. Looking at the size of the items, we could take a guess but it could be a very inaccurate. With phone, tablet and the two other devices the Yeti 200X would probably be the best option. The Yeti 200X will be able to give you at least two charges to each device if you charge all of them daily. If you get a solar panel such as the Nomad 50 panel, then you will be able to charge the Yeti daily as well and as long as you have good sun, the Yeti will give give you several charges to each devices without running out of power.