Venture 35 with Nomad 10

Options
Dale
Dale Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have a new Venture 35 and Nomad 10 that I hope to take to the Grand Canyon in a few weeks. I initially charged the Venture 35 fully and then discharged it. Recharging it with the Nomad 10 has been unsuccessful. It has been in full sun for over 12 hours and the lights dont even register any charge. Am I missing something?

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

Howdy @Dale

Does the Nomad 10 charge any other USB devices you have? It might be a good idea to see if the Nomad 10 can provide power to your phone. Maybe try another USB to USB-C cable too? Is the panel behind a window or in your car? Direct sunlight is going to be key for a small wattage panel to perform. I am sure it will be a quick turn around with Goal Zero if you identify the which part of that kit is not working.

• Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, all helpful advice.

• DevonB
    DevonB Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I also just purchased a Goal Zero Nomad 10 and Venture 35 Powerbank, and the powerbank charges well in the wall and to my cell phone but when I placed my solar panel in Florida direct sunlight 6 -8 hrs today and then tried to charge my Power bank it didn’t work at all? I am using the specific goal zero cords and everything.