first time use yeti400 lost power immediately

Options

Lost power at home due to severe storms yesterday. Fortunately, had my new (bought 6 mos. Ago), never used yeti charged at 100%. I plugged in 2 phones for a few minutes to make sure it worked, which it did. Still at 100%. Unplugged phones so nothing was plugged into yeti. Got up this morning....60% despite nothing plugged in. Plugged in a curling iron, yeti made humming noise, then shut down after about 10 seconds. 0% charge left. No more yeti. power expected to be out for 2 more days. I am monumentally dissapointed. Can someone explain what happened?

Answers

• AEtherScythe
    AEtherScythe Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I can't explain the 40% power drain overnight with nothing plugged in.

But definitely a curling iron is capable of exceeding the allowable amperage of a Yeti 400. They're not designed to power high-current devices like curling irons, espresso machines, hot-plates, microwaves, etc.

You may be able to get it working again by holding the "UNITS" button for several seconds until the display goes off, then let go of that button.

• Ironworker2134
    Ironworker2134 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Try disconnecting the positive battery wait 1minute then reconnect it. That works on a lead acid battery. Check fuses while your in there. Don't do anything to avoid your warranty. Don't touch any electric circets they can still be hot after being turned off.