The pins on my laptop cable are too thick for my Sherpa 100AC

Options
smileyours
smileyours Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hey,

I bought the Sherpa 100AC with the hope that I would be able to charge my laptop with it. In theory it should work but the pins on the cable are too thick for the holes in the sherpa. Is there a cable adapter I can buy or something? See pictures for extra explanation.

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 304 admin
    Options

Hi @smileyours,

There are a lot of types of EU plugs.

The one on the Sherpa 100AC has the "Europlug" with 4mm pins that are 18.6mm apart.

You may have a BS 4573 "Shaver" plug on that laptop charger. If so it will have 5.1mm pins 16.66mm apart.

There are adapters for Shaver to EU you can buy or find a replacement 3 pin cable that plugs into the laptop charger that has the correct pin size on the other end.

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 639 admin
    Options

Hi @smileyours,

Which side are you trying to connect the Sherpa 100AC? It looks like you have the 220V version of the Sherpa 100AC. The first picture is the end you connect to the Sherpa, is that the one that does not fit?

• smileyours
    smileyours Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Im tryin to connect this

into this

The pins are standard size here in Sweden so the issue is that the holes are too small. Only by like a half mm or something. My regular Samsung charger fits just fine.