How do I get my Yeti 1500X to charge more than 84%

Options
AAA
AAA Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

I bought the Yeti 1500X and have charged it using both solar panels and plugging into the outlet. But it will not charge more than 84%. I have tried as suggested - run it down and recharge a few times - but the highest charge it ever gets is 84%.

I tried unplugging it and waiting and re-plugging it in, but still stops at 84%.

Is there something else I should try to get it to 100%?

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 639 admin
    Options

Hi @AAA,

It sounds like you have the Yeti 1500X in battery saver mode. This prevents the battery from exceeding 85%. You need to make sure the unit is in performance in order for it to accept power up to 100%. You can do this one of the two ways described below.

Through the App: If you have the Yeti connected to the Goal Zero App, you need to go to settings, find "charging profile" and it will give you the profile options. Select "performance" and it will start charging to 100%.

The second option is changing it manually. To do this, press and hold the units button. Then press the 12V button. On the display, you will see a 4 letter word appear. You will keep pressing the 12V button until the display shows "Perf". Once that appears, you can let go of the units button. This will change the charging profile to performance.