6000x and power banks

Options
Mdvistnes
Mdvistnes Member Posts: 1
edited September 2022 in ASK ANYTHING

Hello quick question I just got a GoalZero 6000 X and four goalzero power banks I have daisychained together. Question is when I have the 6000x and all 4 batteries daisychained, how do I know which one is being actively charged from the charge status on the expansion module blue lights? Are all 4 batteries charged in unison or sequentially? Also when I power something off this connected system does the 6000 X power get used up first or the batteries or all at once? in other words what is the order of drainage of the battery supply? Thanks!

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 629 admin
    Options

Hi @Mdvistnes,

The 4 batteries charge and discharge in unison. Since the are chained in parallel they are acting as one large battery instead of four separate batteries.

Whenever you are running something on the Yeti, that item will be taking the power from the battery of the Yeti. When you have the tanks connected, this is still true but the tanks are charging the Yeti at the same time that the Yeti is losing power. The tanks don't output the power directly to the item. So, the tanks will lose power first and then the Yeti but the power is always coming from the battery of the Yeti to the item you are powering.