How do I reset my Lead Acid Yeti Power Station?

Options
GOAL ZERO ADMIN
GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 630 admin
edited September 2022 in YETI PORTABLE POWER STATIONS

If your Lead Acid Yeti Power Station is not responding, you can disconnect the battery to reset it.

Escape 150 Reset:

1. Remove the 4 bolts from the bottom of the unit.
  2. Remove the bottom cover (This will give you access to the battery terminals)
  3. Disconnect the two terminal wires. Leave disconnected for 10 minutes.
  4. Put the unit back together.

Extreme 350 Reset:

1. Remove the 4 bolts attaching the handle to the top cover of the unit.
  2. Remove the handle and the top cover (this will give you access to the terminals).
  3. Disconnect the two terminal wires from the battery. Leave disconnected for 10 minutes.
  4. Put the unit back together.

Yeti 150, 400 and 1250 Reset:

1. Remove the four screws on the top.
  2. Remove the top cover. This will give you access to the battery.
  3. Disconnect the two terminal wires from the battery. Leave disconnected for 10 minutes.
  4. After 10 minutes, put the unit back together.

Just a reminder, that if have let the battery sit for more than 6 months without use, the reset below may not work. A lead acid battery that has not been used for more than 6 months will more than likely be damaged beyond repair. Our lead acid batteries have a shelf life of 6 months and leaving them without use for longer than that can cause the battery to lose its ability to hold a charge. If this is the case, you may need to have the battery tested to make sure it is still functional. If it is not, you will need to replace the internal battery.

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 287 admin
    Options

@GOAL ZERO SUPPORT for some reason this is in "Unanswered". Can you fix that? ;)

• BMcCJ
    BMcCJ Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Trying the steps above. Help.

We went camping, depleted the Yeti 400 and then left it in a hot car for about a week. Maybe we killed it?

Now it’s trying to wake up. When plugged in to charge the screen blinks every 10 minutes or so. But, won’t charge, won’t power anything.

So trying the steps above, I’m not sure what to disconnect. I see two heavy gauge wires. One black, one red. They look soldered in place. So I pulled the two fuses, and disconnected some smaller gauge wires that seemed to connect to the 110 outlets.

Put it back together, but that didn’t fix it.

Can someone point me to an image or instruction of what to try next?