Chaining GZ Solar Panels

Options
Thomas_Darby
Thomas_Darby Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

I recently purchased a Yeti 1500 with a Boulder 100 Briefcase panel, and a Yeti 200 with a Nomad 20 panel. I already own a Nomad 20 panel and a Torch 500.

I expected the Boulder 100 Briefcase (B100B) panel to collect less than 100 Watts at my Midatlantic home. On a recent sunny day it peaked around 82 Watts based on the output display of my Yeti 1500. So, when I charge it next time using the panels I would like to chain it with my two Nomad 20s (N20s). I plan to connect one N20 into the next N20, which will be connected to the empty boulder 8mm socket and then to the Yeti 1500 in the 8mm port at the front. Is this an acceptable way to chain the panels together?

I hope to capture more than 100 Watts of energy when using this configuration.

I have been using the N20 solar panel to charge my cell on camping trips. I fear the temperature limits in my area prevent me from getting charge during the hottest part of the days. When I charge my Yeti, I always set the Yeti in the shade so it doesn't get more radiant heat from the sun.

I believe I can chain the two N20s to charge the Yeti 200. I'll give that a try next weekend, weather permitting.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thomas_Darby
    Thomas_Darby Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options

I suspected this might be the case. Since I'll probably buy another Boulder 100 Briefcase, I know I was going to buy that piece of hardware already. I hoped to forego that for a few months and maybe get to Christmas.

Thanks.

I'm looking to get just the right setup to meet my needs.