Recommended battery settings for charging Tank with Victron MPPT?

Options
cdrnet
cdrnet Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in HOME BACKUP SYSTEMS

I can't find any information on what would be recommended battery settings for charging a set of (6) Yeti Tanks from solar panels with a "Victron MPPT 100 | 30", i.e. the offical "30-Amp External MPPT" set offered by Goal Zero, in order to avoid over and under charging for extending battery life.

I understand that the Tank has AGM lead acid batteries, but can't find more info beyond that.

By default the MPPT ships with preset 2 enabled, which is described as "Gel Victron Deep Discharge, Gel Exide A200, AGM Victron Deep Discharge, ...". This defines absorption voltage as 14.40V, float as 13.80V and balance as 16.20V. But it also has other presets mentioning AGM, like preset 0 with "AGM spiral cell". And of course the values can also be set manually without using a preset.

What preset or charging voltages would be recommended for Yeti Tanks?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 626 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @cdrnet,

There is no need for you to change the setting on the Victron if you buy it directly from us. The one directly from us is already set to be used with our Yeti tanks, regardless of how many tanks you attach to them. If you do change the setting, this may effect the efficiency of charging the tanks.