Fix/reset 12v output ports?

Options
bstein01
bstein01 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yeti 1000x 12v button and 12v ports momentarily good then 12v button turns red and 12v ports go dead. How can I fix this?

Answers

• Jeff12
    Jeff12 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Same problem nothing but crickets

• bstein01
    Options

I found the trouble. I opened the top of the 1000x and inspected the wires and circuit boards. What looks like a small microprocessor chip at the U15 location on the 12v integrated circuit board fried when I tried to charge my Airstream camper battery using the 1000x car adapter 12v port. The symptoms now make sense: a small flash when I made the initial connection, distinct "burnt plastic" smell, and the momentary (less than 1 second) power to the 12v ports (the Info panel shows a brief output of around 54 watts) immediately followed by a red 12v indicator when I do a manual reset and then attempt to enable 12v power. All of that makes me think the 1000x safety features act to shut off the 12v ports b/c it's detecting a short (caused by the fried chip). That's what I think I know. Hope it helps.

• Jeff12
    Jeff12 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for find but how to fix shouldnt fry ,circuit breaker should’ve tripped.

• bstein01
    Options

Well, something should've tripped before frying a chip on the ICB. There's a bank of 50amp fuses that I'm guessing are there to protect the device from overloads. Initially I thought a fuse might have blown but the failure symptoms weren't consistent with that scenario. I also considered the possibility that some software or firmware logic had been addled somehow and a hard reset (disconnect the battery power to the circuit boards) might correct it. I never did discover a way to do that before noticing the blown chip. The blown chip can't be fixed by an end user; it's sitting on an ICB that appears to serve more than the 12v power ports and there are various wires soldered onto the board. I'm going to talk to Goal Zero to find out what my options are and what it'll cost.