Powering Dometic CRX110 fridge?

Options

Hello,

I recently bought a 3000x and want to power my fridge of my campervan. The manual of the fridge suggests 10mm2 (8AWG) wirring on 12 volts.

How do i connect these wires to te Goal Zero? The Anderson power pole plugs only support 2.5mm2 (14AWG) wires?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 291 admin
    Options

Hi @Aatje79,

There are 3 different sized metal internal connectors that fit into the HPP square plastic housing. Here is an example of a kit that has all 3 sizes ( 15A, 30A and 45A ).

https://www.amazon.com/Glarks-Assortment-Ratcheting-Connectors-Compatible/dp/B09LV4T99V/

• Thomas_Darby
    Thomas_Darby Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options

Does the fridge model you have allow "Cigarette Lighter" power? My 1500X has a 12V cigarette lighter port, and that is what I plan to use when I run a portable fridge. I don't want to use the AC outlets because you lose some power in the inverter to create AC wave forms. Going directly with a DC port seems like the best approach to me. Good luck.

• Thomas_Darby
    Thomas_Darby Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options

Just did a search and now I understand your problem a little better.

8AWG wire seems to be pretty heavy. I found a cigarette lighter to Anderson plug using 12AWG. The particular one I found was 1 meter long. When using it with the Yeti, this could be enough but I can see where 1 meter just isn't enough.

If you don't have a long run of wire, this may be fine for your needs. The heavier wire will reduce the voltage loss in the circuit, but a short run of wire also reduces the voltage loss.

I would see if you can find something like what you need online or reach out to the fridge company and see if they can give you more information and maybe recommend a part number for you to buy.

Good luck and thanks. I'm shopping for a portable fridge myself. This gives me something to think about.