Yeti 1500x and Tank Battery questions

Options

just installed 1 tank battery on my yeti1500x with the 30a solar charger. everything works as expected.

Questions:

the yeti usually draws 150amps (output) but when it is charging from the tank this goes up to 220amps. whats going on here?

will the tank battery stop charging the yeti when its capacity reaches 50% which is recommended for AGM batteries?

Or is this function part of the yeti profile?

What are the complete specs on the AGM battery in the tank?

What is the recommended battery replacement for the tank? I can not find one on the gz site

Where are the directions on replacing the battery in the tank? I keep seeing references to a replacement battery and directions on replacement but cant find them

Comments

• yosemite
    yosemite Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Options

found a thread on a replacement battery for the tank, so i assume any battery close to these specs will work?

• yosemite
    edited October 2022
    Options

stats before turning appliances

• yosemite
    Options

setup with tank and 30a solar charger, currently running a 200watt heater and 154watts of tv/satellite

• yosemite
    Options

goal zero tank battery

there is what is in a tank and the battery brand/type

tank battery

goal zero tank battery

• yosemite
    Options

specs on battery in goal zero tank 10/22

• yosemite
    Options

specs on renogy battery that looks good for a add on or replacement

• yosemite
    Options

victron 30a solar charger sold by goal zero for the tank default settings

• yosemite
    Options

i got some answers about the yeti1500x and the tank and their interactions:

i saw mentions on your website and in the forum on how to replace and add another non tank battery. where can one find the info on this process? >>>         There isn’t a post or anything about it. It’s a fairly simple process since it’s just a lead acid battery. You just remove the top, disconnect the cables from the terminal, pull the battery out and then put the new one in. So long as the replacement battery matches the specs then you can use any battery to replace it.

will the tank stop charging the yeti once the voltage on the tank drops 50% so the tank is not damaged? how does this process work? is it setting the profile on the yeti?>> The tanks will not because they don’t have to. The tank batteries are deep cycle batteries which means they can drain all the way down to 0% multiple times without damaging them.

is the default profile and values on the victron charger the correct ones? >>  Assuming you bought the charge controller from us then the answer is yes. It’s preprogrammed for our products.

Can you charge the tank and the yeti at the same time and if so which one takes precedent? ie will the yeti favor the Anderson solar input or the tank input? >>> You can yes. The way that you would do so is by plugging an input into the Yeti itself (anderson or 8mm) and then plugging a separate input (8mm only) into the link module. Assuming the yeti is fully charged then all of the power you put into the link module will go into the tanks and stay there. If the yeti is not fully charged then it will draw power from the tanks until it is fully charged and then the tanks will start charging.