Expansion Module not communicating with my 1000x

Options
jwest150
jwest150 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in HOME BACKUP SYSTEMS

I got the expansion module today and installed it in my 1000x and plugged in one of the two tanks I have. I saw a full charge on the modules' LED indicators but nothing changed on the 1000x display. I ran the 1000x all the way down and the power from the tank never kicked in even though the module showed full LED bars. I took the module out and installed it in another 1000x I have with no change in results. I plugged in a different tank and the same thing. I reset the 1000x and the module, no change. All I can conclude is the module isn't communicating to the 1000x via the micro-usb cable. I think I have a bad expansion module. It is Saturday so I have to wait till Monday to talk to someone in Goal Zero tech support. So far the tank expansion is not living up to expectations for me.

Comments

• yosemite
    yosemite Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Options

the usb communication cable is known for being loose and flaky. maybe try to reseat it

• JosefSE
    JosefSE Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to solve it? How?

And when is the power station meant to use the linked battery? Does it first empty the linked battery and then with the power station battery?

(For what it's worth I have a Yeti X3000)

• Maya
    Maya Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am having the exact same issue. Any solutions?

My setup is a Yeti 1400, Yeti expansion module, connected to two Yeti expansion tanks.

The expansion tanks are getting fully charged, but my Yeti 1400 is not getting charged through the expansion module. Also, I am unable to access the power stored in my two full Yeti expansion tanks through the Yeti expansion module.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the expansion module. Checked all the connections and everything looks good.

I am on day 5 of my current power outage and another storm is on the way on Monday. I would really like to get this figured out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• jwest150
    jwest150 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I was able to resolve this. The units can come in mobile mode or something and goal zero doesn't let you know and there is nothing that clues you in. There is a small hole in the top and you put a tooth pick in or something and click the switch inside like 5 times or something and it will switch from mobile bar charging mode to a standard mode. I can't remember the number of clicks, but you can call them and clarify. Seems like something they should put in the manual or something.

• Maya
    Maya Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion! I wish this had been my problem, as it would have been an easy fix…unfortunately, it did not work for me.

If you push the pinhole reset button four times on the Yeti Link Expansion, it switches between Tank and Vehicle Mode.

Indicator lights will turn on and blink together when Link changes to Vehicle Mode.

Indicator lights will scroll from bottom to top individually when Link is in Tank Mode.

My Yeti Link was in Tank mode, but I tried switching it back and forth a couple times to see if it would make a difference. Nothing changed. I am still not getting any charge to my Yeti 1400 when outlet power is plugged into the Yeti Link and my 2 Yeti Tanks are full. (My Yeti 1400 is currently at 30% because I took it to my office today to charge.)

Good news is my power just came back on 🤗 Bad news is another storm is on the way on Monday. Hoping I can get this problem resolved before I lose power again 🤞🏼 Any other suggestions? Thanks!