Bluetooth pairing

Options
connorhammond94
connorhammond94 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Why does my Yeti 1000x not have a Bluetooth pairing button?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ironworker2134
    Ironworker2134 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Because goal zero choose not to included it. It would have cost more to include it. Then you would not have bought it. If you thought it was something you should have bought a 1500 instead.

• yosemite
    yosemite Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Options

yes the 1500x does have bluetooth BUT, its lame you have to turn it on at the 1500x and then once you are out of range it shuts off, so you have to go turn it on again, totally stupid

they shoulda done it like the victrons devices. they have blutooth always on so all you have to do is be in range. i can check my victron charger from inside the house, it is 30' away outside. now the 1500x can only be checked if i go outside and turn it on, once i am out of range it shuts bluetooth off.

• RobertG
    RobertG Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

This sounds like a power-saving feature. A bluetooth transceiver doesn't draw all that much but if it were on 24/7 I would imagine it might be a good 75 watt-hours per day. I agree however that there should be some way to adjust the timeout, including to "always on" (maybe there even is??). I'm glad you mentioned this because I've been eyeing a 1500 or larger in part for the bluetooth; if I can't check a unit in the cellar from upstairs then what is the point? If I have to crab-walk around down there to turn on bluetooth then I might as well leave it off and just check the display.

Between this and my difficulties with my 1000x being unable to charge correctly while running, my enthusiasm for these products is becoming quite ... tempered shall we say.

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 297 admin
    edited November 2022
    Options

@yosemite @RobertG,

Bluetooth is not used for monitoring Yeti stats via the app or transfer firmware updates to the Yeti.

Its only utilized function is to pass the Yeti's SSID to the App so you don't have to select it from a list of networks.

You will have to leave Wi-Fi on in your phone to talk to the Yeti in either Direct or Anywhere connect.

• RobertG
    RobertG Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

Ah ... my bad. To be clear -- once you configure a Yeti to be on your WiFi network it's always there, right?

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 297 admin
    Options

@RobertG,

As long as the Yeti can still connect to the internet via at least one of the last 3 SSIDs you have connected it to and nobody toggles the Wi-Fi off for the Yeti, it should stay on indefinitely.