500X reading zero % battery while

Options

My 500X is not showing a charge even though it is connected to the power supply. I have two of these units and the other charges completely fine with the same power supply connected. Is there a master reset for this? I tried the “info” and “units” button mashed at the same time and it made no difference.

Answers

• Zion_Curtain
    Zion_Curtain Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Greg767

Hmmm that is pretty strange. The reset is holding Units and Info for about 10-15 seconds. Has the battery sat at 0% for a long period of time? It might be a good idea to try charging through the 60watt PD USB-C port. Have you tried the 8mm port on the back?

• Sidney
    Sidney Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

With the batteries used in these power stations, it sounds like the batteries sat at 0vdc.

Lithium NMC batteries don't like failing below 1.7~2.1vdc. This will kill them and be consistent with your observations.

• Greg767
    Greg767 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the comments, it is being warranty replaced.

• Ironworker2134
    Ironworker2134 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

The batterys don't like being discharged. I have taken the sherpa 50 and purched a second sherpa 50 that was dead. I plugged a charger on it. To wouldn't charge. Next I took a chaining cable plugged them together. Let them set over night. I put the charger on my sherpa. It started charging. It reached 40 %. I now use it to charge my cell phone. It only charges to 40%.