Can the Yeti 6000x work for a large RV?

Options

I live full-time in an RV. Most of the time we spend hooked up to shore power but would love the flexibility of spending a couple nights a week off grid, if not more. I work full-time so I need electricity for internet, computer, etc. Additionally, during warmer months I will need the ability to run one to three of my AC units (they all have soft starts). Does anyone have experience using this on a larger RV? I know I need to go through and calculate the watt hours of all the possible electricity users, but just looking for someone that has experience with this.

Answers

• Ironworker2134
    Ironworker2134 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options

Yes you are right you need to caulate your energy use. I would say no. You are trying to use a air conditioner. It would run it for 2hours. Maybe you can extend it to 4hours with solar panels. But that's if you don't use any thing else. Remember goal zero is only a battery bank emphis on bank. You have only 6000 watts to use. Use a goal zero 1500 + a generator when you run low. Or just a generator. Or give up your aircoditioner.