charging issue with Nomad 20 and New Sherpa 100PD in southpole expedition

Options
Young
Young Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

One of my friends is currently on a solo ski-sled expedition to the south pole, and it's about 15 days of progress so far. Recently she's found an issue with her charging system, asking me to seek a solution by posting here (i.e. I don't exactly know about the techicality). She described to me that the system initially worked well but now it didn't charge enough, and it does barely up to 1 Watt at most. One possible cause she suspected was that there were a series of sastrugi (ice ruffles and ridges) the day before and due to this impact on her sled there could be some mechanical problem on some part of the system. Is this a feasible cause for the issue? Whatever it is, do any of you have any suggestions she might try there to fix and proceed? Thanks!!

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 287 admin
    Options

@Young,

The Sherpa needs see that it is above freezing to allow a charge.

From the manual "Operating usage temp. 32-104F (0-40C)"

The nomad will need to see good sun without a shadow falling on it. If it stops/slows charging, try disconnecting/reconnecting the Nomad and monitor charge rate.

Let us know if this helps and please post pictures! Sounds like a cool trip!