What Size?

Options
js3901
js3901 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hopefully, someone can help. What size are the connectors that plug into the solar port of the Guide 10 plus? There's no info in the FAQ of the user manual, and I have an older model Nomad 7 panel kit, which I have lost the cable to charge via the solar connection, only via the USB port.

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 287 admin
    Options

@js3901,

The best places to look for specs are the user guide and the product page.

To find the product pages for older discontinued products I like to search for the name "Nomad 7" on goalzero.com and then navigate to the last page and move backward because I think the search results show in-stock items first.

Here is what the Nomad 7 page says:

PORTS

• USB Port: 5V, up to 1A (5W max), regulated
    • Solar Port (blue, 8mm): 15V, up to 0.3A (5W max), regulated
    • Mini Solar Port (2.5mm): 6.5V, up to 1.1A (7W max)

The Nomad 7 was before my time. I know there are sometimes variations of the same product. The Mini solar cable looks attached on this one. If yours looks differently please send a picture.

Since the Guide 10 page says "Mini Solar Port (input): 6.5V, up to 1.1A". I would bet its the same thing.

Let me know if this helps!

• js3901
    edited December 2022
    Options

Thanks, that helps a lot, the panel I have is older than the ones listed on the site, including the cables. I believe it was one of the first model Nomad 7 kits that had a detachable mini charge cable, and tghe 12V jack has a right angle bend to it (unlike the current straight 8mm jacks.

• js3901
    Options

This is my Nomad 7. I think I got it in 2011 or 2012