Wifi off after outage I'm traveling

Options
David34850
David34850 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm currently in Thailand and we had a 15+ hour power outage at home in California. Power is back on but I cannot access my yetti 3000x as the software turned off the wifi (to save power). I had the Yeti in hot stand by running the frig, freezer and 2 lighting circuits. Now there is no way for me to know the status of the Yeti! Did it come back on line. Is it still running the frig/freezer? Please fix your operating system so that I can access remotely after an extended outage. Either leave the wifi on or cycle it once an hour to check for wifi or turn wifi back on when the mains are back. I won't be home for another month!

Answers

• jg164
    jg164 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 287 admin
    Options

@David34850, There is a 30 hour timeout on the Yeti's Wifi. If it can't reconnect in that timeframe it stops trying to conserve power. Are you able to see any other smart/IoT appliances on that home network in California to verify your home has Internet access now?

• David34850
    David34850 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, yes all my cameras, and the rest of the smart home came back on line, routines, lights and plugs worked fine when the power was restored. When I returned home last week I had to go over to the 3000x and manually turn the wifi back on. I estimate the power outage was 15-20 hours from discussions with neighbors.