6kW yeti s as replacement for Tesla solar wall?

Options
MuyBen
MuyBen Member Posts: 1

I’m getting 8kw Solar roof panels. Can the 6kW back up be used as my primary battery back up for daily night usage? What other accessories are needed to connect to my 2014 vintage electrical panel so my EV charging, HVAC and refrigerator continues charging/running at night/power outs? Lastly will this unit qualify for the federal 30% tax rebate? Thanks in advance!!

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

@MuyBen

Our power stations were designed to be used during emergency situations. They are not going to be able to power everything in your home, but they can power most essentials like your lights and refrigerator. They will not power appliances like central air, washers and dryers, and EV charging. The 6000X will not accept power from your solar array on your home either. The home integration kit we offer is not an automatic transfer switch. So every night you would have to manually switch over and turn it back to grid power in the morning. We would be happy to talk over the phone if you want advice on best practices.

801-553-3654

The 6000X will most likely not qualify for the 30% tax rebate. That is typically for residential and commercial solar installs. While we are unable to provide tax or legal advice, we can tell you that there are programs available for home solar installations, including the Federal Solar Tax Credit. Below is a link to information about the same. Please consult your tax attorney or accountant for more specific advice.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2020/01/f70/Guide%20to%20Federal%20Tax%20Credit%20for%20Residential%20Solar%20PV.pdf