Do you plan to integrate sodium ion batteries also?

Options
nstine77
nstine77 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

With the articles I've read so far - Sodium Ion batteries are beginning to be manufactured in larger quantities for medium and large scale applications, they're cheaper, environmentally better to "mine" the resources for, etc. - Do you see Goal Zero testing and developing the Yetis on that, the Sodium Ion batteries? I understand they're not quite ready to get to the mass markets yet, but it'd be great if you folks did incorporate that tech. Also, for those of us with Gen 1 Yetis, will changing the batteries within be supported in some fashion? My old Yeti is heavy, and I imagine the Na+ batteries won't be much better on the weight scale, but if I'm going to lug that thing around, I'd love to see about improving the battery packs one way or another. Also, will you, or have you, released instructions for us to replace the batteries on our older systems? Especially via videos...

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @nstine77,

It is not something that we are currently looking into, but that is not to say that we wont ever look into it.

The Yeti lithium batteries do come with replaceable batteries. It is not something you are able to replace yourself but instead we do here at our warehouse. If you do need one, you can contact our solution center below to get the process started.

• Ely
    Ely Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Options

But the replace service for Li-NMC is only available in the US, not in other countries.

I‘m in Germany and a old and weak Yeti 400 Li must be probably disposed, I find actual no way to replace the internal battery pack. I can do it by myself, but here is impossible to get an original battery pack.

Maybe I can find a service who build a similar pack with LG or Samsung cells.