Sherpa 100PD Not Working?

Options
rocketman365
rocketman365 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

My Sherpa 100PD (Gen 4), which I bought less than a month ago (30 January 2023) appears to be dead. Symptoms:

• display does not work
    • While on charger, I can toggle the display button LED, but actual display remains blackwireless charger led does not come on when button pressed
    • wireless charger does not work
  • when not on charger, nothing works, not even the one led on the display button.
  • while plugged in the sherpa gets quite warm

Is there a magic reset sequence I can try, an internal fuse I need to change or do I need to return this thing under warranty?

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @rocketman365,

We would suggest contacting our solution center to see what warranty options are available for this device. You can contact them through the link below.

• rocketman365
    Options

After some exchanges with customer service, my problem remains. The company has done nothing to help me solve my problem. They suggest a replacement unit but require me to travel from The Netherlands, my home, to the US in order to accomplish this! I bought the unit in the US, while on a trip, and it appears that I must return it there for them to honour the warranty even though there are distributors in the Netherlands and the product is available here. Sounds very convenient for Goal Zero (maybe company should be renamed 'Own Goal') but not for the customer. These things are bought by people who travel, but the company does not appear to understand that this requires service in places that are not the US!

I will not dwell on the reliability of the device, as mine failed after less than 30 days of light use.

• rocketman365
    Options

Do not buy this device. Cannot advise you strongly enough to stay away from this device and this Goal Zero in general. They have no honour, no pride in their product and no interest in helping their customers to achieve a satisfactory solution. Beware!

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 633 admin
    Options

Hi @rocketman365,

Please contact our solution center and escalate this to a supervisor. We are sure we will be able to find a solution for your specific situation. I have linked the solution center contact information below for you convinience.

• rocketman365
    Options

It's been well over a year now, and I still have nothing more than a useless brick that takes up space in my drawer. You maybe can understand my bitterness. All I wanted was a bit of good service from you. You sent me in circles rather than solve my problem. I guess that was too much trouble for you guys; take the money, but after that, why should you care?

If you have had a change of heart and are interested in resolving my issue, I would love to hear from you. If not, then at least give me instructions on how to disassemble the device so that I can see if there is anything obviously wrong internally.

Thank you.

• rocketman365
    Options

This has finally been sorted. It took a while but I am very happy with the replacement device that I have now received. Thank you in particular to Samuel Frey, the Solutions Centre Supervisor, who sorted this out for me.