I'm testing my 1500X and 4 tanks.

Options
Garahan
Garahan Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

How will I know when the 4 tanks are empty and the 1500X takes over? I see that the first 3 tank lights are off and the bottom tank light is on. Is it correct that the 4 tanks empty first and the 1500X takes over? I have been testing with the 4 essential circuits breakers off on my main to simulate a power outage.

Thanks all,

Garahan

Best Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 634 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Garahan,

The four LED lights represents the total power of all tanks. If 3 lights are off and only one is on, then that means all four tanks are a total power of 25%.

The tanks will empty first and then the Yeti 1500X will start to decrease in power. That is how it should work. Keep in mind, tank power is used to charge the Yeti while in use. The tanks are not directly outputting power through the ports you are using. Instead, the Yeti is outputting power but the tanks charge the Yeti at the same time. This means the yeti will not decrease in percentage but the tanks will.

• Garahan
    Garahan Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have finished my testing of my 1500X & 4 tanks and now they are charging. I started the charging at 9:00AM on 3/4 and it's been 25 hours and I see this - only 2 lights from the tank level indicator. Is this expected? Should it take an additional 24 ish hours for a complete charge? Why does the over all charge say 100% if the 4 tanks are showing just 2 lights? Thanks for your help. Garahan

Answers