When is a new version of the Nomad 20 coming?

Options
rlin
rlin Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

I may want to buy a configuration of Sherpa 100PD 4th Gen and Nomad 20 for my outdoor activities. However, the Nomad 20 panel has a permanently installed cable which I don't need and which means extra weight. Also, there is a USB-A port and the new Sherpa works with USB-C. The Nomad 20 strikes me as outdated compared to the Sherpa 100PD 4th Gen. So my question: will there be a new version of the Nomad 20 to match the Sherpa 100PD 4th Gen? If not, do you know of any alternatives?

Answers

• Ely
    Ely Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Options

The Nomad 20 is a relative new unit. Use it with the 8 mm plug to charge the Sherpa, not USB. USB is possible, but its slow, at max are 10.5 watts possible.

Overall 20 watts (in reality about 15 to 17 watts) are a bit low, you must have full sun to get a reasonably useful charge. You can chain two (max four) Nomad 20 to get more power.

• rlin
    Options

Thx for your response. Has the Sherpa 100PD 4th gen any option to connect with the 8mm plug? I don't think so?

• Ely
    Ely Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Options

Ah, Sherpa PD, my mistake. No, the PD has not a 8 mm port. The PD is not made to charge by solar. Maybe it will works, but it‘s not recommended.

• rlin
    Options

goalzero.com says that the Sherpa PD is charged by the Nomad 20 in 9-18 hours. How is it possible to get the 9h via the USB-A port?