How often do you use your solar panels to Solar recharge?

Options
Hunter_GZ
Hunter_GZ Administrator Posts: 44 admin
edited June 2022 in SOLAR PANELS

Comments

• W3nlo3
    W3nlo3 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Most of the the time I solar charge Goal zero 400 if sun is good

• AJHorner
    AJHorner Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Keep my original yeti 1000 charging all the time to my solar panels. Should I disconnect from the solar when I'm not using the van?

• Hunter_GZ
    Options

@AJHorner You can always leave you solar panels connected if you choose to do so! The battery has a built in charge controller and battery protection so you will never harm the battery leaving it plugged in. In fact we tend to recommend this so your battery is always at 100% and topped off when you need it!

• AJHorner
    AJHorner Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Hunter. I have another question about my Yeti 1000 Lithium which I've used in my van (very happily) since 2019. Recently I notice that the fan on the Yeti sometimes run when charging from my 4 100 watt solar panels (also in use since 2019). I don't recall that happening in the past. What makes the fan come on? Is that a concern? Related to heat (95f in the van where the yeti is located.)?

• Hunter_GZ
    edited June 2022
    Options

@AJHorner this shouldn't worry you the fans are built in and designed to automatically turn on to cool the battery (or inverter). These can turn on when the battery is charging at a high wattage in warm temperatures, when the inverter is outputting a lot of power, and even if the unit is sitting a a very hot location.