Was gifted two power stations ---

Options

There was a fella who didn't want his power stations anymore, I'm not sure 100% why but he kind of alluded to they just didn't fit his lifestyle anymore. So he handed over to me a 3000x and a 1500x. The 3000x has a weird burnt smell coming out of the top and the 1500x has a slight weird burnt smell coming out of the top. Is that normal? I didn't really get much information out of him other than he used them in his jeep for a little bit starting back in November of 22 but then decided he wanted to buy a fully equipped van. He then left these sitting in a storage unit for a couple of months till I pick them up today. I haven't charged them yet and the only way I can charge them is using the 200 watt Boulder solar panels that he gave to me as well. Kind of crazy to just give these away considering the cost but I guess he had his reasons. Any ideas thoughts or recommendations?

Answers

• GOAL ZERO ADMIN
    GOAL ZERO ADMIN Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 630 admin
    Options

Hi @Kyle_Patrick,

With these units being purchased second hand, they do not come with a warranty.

If there is a slight burnt smell, we do not suggest trying to charge. Please contact our solution center (through the link below) to get information on the cost of a faceplate repair or battery replacement.

• Kyle_Patrick
    Kyle_Patrick Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Oh I just saw this now. I've been using them, I've been charging them. The person I got them from gave them to me free of charge. He had upgraded to a vehicle that came completely equipped with solar and just wanted to get rid of them because he needed to get going on his trip. That being said I can only imagine the thousands of dollars it would cost to get these devices repaired which I don't have. I also can't imagine the man handing me broken equipment instead of just throwing it away. I have heard some people tell me that their units have always had a weird cooked transformer stink and that they've worked the entire time of their ownership.